A Slippery Slope

 My friend, Susan of the Criminally Creative floss tube got back into cross stitch a while ago.  Apparently, I have a bad case of fomo (fear of missing out) and had to start cross stitching again after a 30 year or so break.  I also discovered other YouTube stitchers from watching Susan.  I stumbled across Anna Bates, aka The Woolie Mammoth.  Anna has a floss tube called Quilt Roadies that quickly became a favorite.  She does wool applique and has talked numerous times about the designs of Buttermilk Basin.  See what I mean, a slippery slope!

 I finished this wool applique from this book by Stacy West of Buttermilk Basin.  I am not much of a Halloween person, but this was so cute.  I was able to make it from stash and wanted to finish it in a way that would make it easy to swap out seasonally.



I saw this basket at Hobby Lobby and thought it would work for a simple display.

 
I made a paper template as I am already thinking of a Thanksgiving version.



I thought the green gingham below would work for a backing. Another remnant from my stash.


At first, I wanted to glue magnets inside the basket.  Unfortunately, the magnets did not hold the fabric and had to mounted on the outside of the basket.  I used the magnetic tape pictured below which adhered to the basket.


Mission accomplished; it was time to sew washers to the back of the small banner.  Susan had reminded me not to use stainless steel washers.


Gotta love my finger in the picture.  It is definitely amateur hour here!



Here are my German Jacks.  Thanks to Susan for the gentle push down this slippery slope!  Stitch on my friends.

Comments

Popular Posts